Posted by Picasa

Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm on a PMS tirade...so don't even bother reading this if you don't feel like hearing about my petty annoyances...

---Was lazing around on the couch looking at some mail order clothing catalogs in a completely comatose state when I was overcome with disgust and tossed the stack to the side in complete, "Ugghhhh!" Can't these companies at least make an effort to come up with something new and fresh instead of recycling the same shit over and over again? Speaking of recycling...that's exactly where the catalogs are going...

These are some of the things I am absolutely sick of from sheer overkill:

  • Anything Hawaiian hibiscus print -- It's freaking everywhere
  • Anything bamboo
  • Home decorating with anything to do with surfing --tables, sheets, curtains, infact, theme anything is bad
  • Merrells or anything resembling Merrells
  • Lily Pulitzer knock-offs - Four summers ago the entire center of Edgartown on Martha's Vineyard was over-run with shops carrying the tell tale pink and green...now it's in Walmart!
  • Ribbon belts
  • Anything personalized or monogrammable
  • Thick strapped bathingsuits...especially ones made of ribbed fabric...what about us itty-bitty-titty girls that don't require our boobs to be jacked up, lashed down, underwired or padded?
  • Silk shantung. --eccchhh!
  • Anything beaded, bedazzled, or applique'd
  • West Coast Chopper - the label is so overly distributed that half the people probably don't even know that it's an actual shop.
  • Euro stickers
  • $6,000 blue jeans
  • velour track suits
  • metallic accessories
  • fake flowers on everything, the knitted kind, the silk kind, the beaded kind,...lapels to shoes...
  • Extreme Home Makeover...they are helping the needy, yes, that's GOOD! They're also erecting these unnecessarily enormous and grandiose MacMansions with these over the top theme rooms...it's such a waste of man-made and natural resources...just think of heating, cooling, electric and water costs alone for these places...and what about the way they pull down the old houses for dramatic effect? You cannot tell me that none of these homes contained asbestos or lead paint...they're just releasing all of that shit into the environment to float around...ugh, don't get me started we can't even stomach to watch it anymore...and PS. Ty Pennington! For a hottie, you have major sun damage going on!!! Get yourself some SPF!
  • Also on the environmentally negligent and irresponsibly wasteful side are major toy companies that have taken to wiring down every single piece of a toy with plastic coated twistie-ties, making it almost impossible to remove it from its packaging. NOT necessary, and completely wasteful and totally contributing to non-biodegradeable materials into our ever growing landfills. Shame on you!
  • Home shopping channels...OMG! Can you believe the stuff that sells out??? I can't even tell you the crap we receive year after year from a certain QVC addicted family member...It always goes something like this..."Oh! You plug it into your car lighter, and attach it to the other car's battery to give them a jump...I got one for you, your brother, his wife, your wife, oh, and one for myself." OR "It's also a flashlight, screwdriver, nail file, seatbelt cutter and hammer to break yourself out of your car window incase you ever drive into a lake...I got one for you, your brother, his wife, your wife, oh, and one for myself." ALL of it ends up at rummage.

_______________________________________________

Okay, it's now the morning after I wrote the above post...I saved it as a draft last night because I felt like I was getting all wonky on the road and driving waaaaayyy off point. Even in my PMS tirade, I still had enough wits about myself to see that I was headed straight toward petty Whinertown which is just past Annoyingville. I was going to trash the whole thing when I thought to myself...You know what? Just publish the shitty thing! Read in Dr. Phil's voice: "Quit yer whining and own up to your crazy deluded crap!" So here goes...shaky mouse...headed towards the publish button...aaaaaaaaaahhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home