Posted by Picasa

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hey, Connie Chung!!! If Margaret Cho and Kate Moss had a baby...

Over at one of my daily stops, Metrodad, a reader asked him a question along the lines of, "If your life were a tv sitcom, who would you cast as yourself?" or something like that. Anyway, it got me thinking, hmmm...who would I pick to play me and Mr. BigStink?

Mr. BigStink would have to be portrayed by Bob Parr...Know who he is? He's Mr. Incredible's alias, and he looks a bit like my beloved giant, Mr. BS. Even the Stinkpups think so.

For myself? Well, I have been called "Connie
Chung" for man-ny, man-ny years, even by my own father, who has been chased down himself several times with people INSISTING that he's Pat Morita. He's even given autographs to them just to shut them up and get away because they refused to believe he wasn't Mr. Ohara/Happy Days/Karate Kid/MASH guy. People from Scott Weiland, to co-workers, to random Hispanic men on the streets of Manhattan, have called me out as the famous newsbroadcaster...(Why several Hispanic men in particular saw this in me, I don't know, but they still felt compelled to yell her name out at me, as I passed by...) I just don't see it.
Then there was the period of very short hair and Joan Chen references...She was in "Twin Peaks" and "The Last Emperor". (My grandfather once worked for the Last Emperor of China, Emperor Pu Yi....So cool! My mom was very little, and they lived in Manchuria at the time. Then they moved back to Korea. Love the history...love it! ) Anyway, back to it..Joan, she's just so demure and fair skinned, feminine and soft spoken. Not at all like I picture myself...short hair or not!

While I was working at a sports dot.com one of the editorial assistants there created a fake movie open starring all of the employees and he cast Tia Carrere as me...Very flattering being she's so darn pretty and all, but when I see her all I think is, "Neh...not her either."

Once, at Bed, Bath and Beyond, the woman at the register was eyeing me incredulously and said, "You look just like Margaret Cho!" ...Wha??? No way! THEN, I see her standup performance, The Notorious CHO, and I think to myself...Um...Okay, so I DO kind of see a resemblance. In an, 'all asians look alike, mixed with me and my cousin Erin kind of way.' Yes...YES, I see it!

So now I'm thinking to myself...Okay, in a perfect world...and this is MY sitcom so you can just shut it! I would have to say that I would probably smash Margaret Cho's and my beloved Kate Moss' DNA together to create the famous person to cast as me!

Check it out...

Picture on the left
+Picture on the right
= MOI!
Yes?...No? YES!
As for the StinkPups, I'd have to call up Ford Model Management's children's division and have them send us some portfolios, cuz there aren't any gorgeous half asian famous children out there, and Keanu's way too old!
Lordy this is registering very high on the StinkDork factor, I know, but shit, how I love wasting my diminished brain cells on this kind of stuff! So CStink, I ask you...whom would you pick to play yourself and Kuukie?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so happy to know that you are finally accepting the margaret cho thing...especially now that she shed about 50 lbs. i mean, seriously...

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home