Posted by Picasa

Friday, April 28, 2006

If We Were Brothers...

u photo credit: 1991 Wang Gangfeng/Graphique de France, Boston, USA/Paris, France
How great is this picture? It's a card that my very best galfriend in the whole wide world, as in BFF!, sent to me back in '99. Inside she wrote, "If we were brothers..." What makes it even sweeter is that she's not even asian! I stumbled across it a few months back, and everytime I look at it, I think of her! (Miss ya, now!)

The look on the faces of the two little boys is just too precious...I can't help but wonder what it is that they saw to evoke such great expressions. When my two StinkPups make faces like that, I'm the one that gets awestruck. It's just so pure and alive and in the moment and joyful that I get the same expression too. The three of us...with our mouths open, in moments of sheer wow-dom.

They also cause me to make faces that must hide or mask those very same expressions too! Just the other day BabyStinkPup was jumping all over the rug at the CVS while I was waiting in line...he was all excited about the PushPop I said he could get. He danced and spun around in revelrous glee...It kind of resembled break dancing actually,... all the while saying the word PushPop over and over again...which would have been fine, had he not been substituting the "SH" in push with, "SSEE"--Do you get what I'm saying here?? -Yeee-aaaah...that one was kind of hard to ignore! My mind was racing with thoughts like, "Holy Shit! This is so0o0o embarrassing, yet TOTALLY FUCKING HILARIOUS that I want to laugh out loud!" to..."I wonder if the lady behind me is hearing what he's saying and comprehending his true meaning...that it's a PUSH pop...Okay, mortified!!!" I was thinking these things and yet, just nodding quietly at him, smiling slightly, and shush-ing him ever so little...my face actually hurt trying to suppress my mouth-gaping, booming laugh urges. Ah BabyStinkPup...you never cease to amaze your momma with your two year old potty mouth! This very moment he's telling Mr. BigStink, "I got big Woody, dad! A big Woody!" --As in Woody from "Toy Story"...I swear Disney did that on purpose..."Dad! I want a big Buzz!" Every parent I know that owns "Toy Story" characters has said their child has said pretty much the same thing...they all have big woody's. Nice.


Alrighty then...moving onward...Yesterday, while I was roaming around Barnes&Noble in my usual, I've got a stomache ache, and can't find a book I want to read fog, CStink was out and about in her Disco, avec Kuukie Christo, looking for more companies to donate to the StinkPups' school charity event that we've been volunteering for. One of the places she stopped at, a big corporation whose holdings include a very well known sporting goods manufacturer, gave her treatment that equaled the same, "Get Smart", effect of a series of doors and gates sliding and slamming shut in her face. She's lucky she didn't get her nose pinched. (For all you youngin's out there, Get Smart was a fantastic tv sitcom about a private agent named Maxwell Smart, and his hot cohort, Agent 99.) She text messaged me with their resounding, "NO!" answer. --The bastards! (Sure, it's a private school, but they have their own wants and needs and desires just as much as the local barely accredited public schools do! ) SHEESH. i mean, really now! Can't we all just get along?

It got me thinking that the only reason I was able to get anyone to donate is because I had approached only little Mom&Pop establishments with my --drop a letter off and run tail-tucked away-- method. The places she was approaching were on uppercrust, deep-pocketed echelons...all with giant beaurocratic red tape flags flying out front. I must admire CStink for trying to wrangle with the big boyz. If we were an hi/low outfit on a charity mannequin, she would be the Proenza Schouler top, and I would be the Luella for Target jeans.

So I say to you, CStink...You go girl! Kick down the metal doors of establishment and give them a proverbial kick in the bum until their wallets fall out, then head lock them with talks of tax deductions and community participation blah blah blah until they pony up some stuff for the event! What's the name of that Hilary Swank boxing movie? The title's escaping me...anyway, get in the ring sistah, and fight, fight, fight! I am serious when I say that I will not be one least bit surprised when CStink shows up at school and pulls a promise letter for an all inclusive, all expenses paid trip to Aruba out of the back pocket of her James jeans! Woo hoo!

Okay, so par for the course, I've got another stomach ache, plus I need to go get a wet towel so I clean up all of my verbal vomit from the keyboard...I will leave you with the words of my old landlord Doris, who was Jewish, but not a New Yorker, but had a thick Queens accent nonetheless...who once said to me, "Asians and Jews! They can't digest anything!!!" then followed it up with a hearty Fran Drescher laugh...God she was so great! (Doris, not Fran.)

P-P-P-PEACE OUT!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home