Posted by Picasa

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Gasp...pant...wheeze...I just got back from a "walk-run" with BabyStinkPup in the jogger...all 41 lbs of him and _ _ _ lbs of me...hobbling up and down the road. We live in an historic district by the water, and breathtakingly beautiful as it is, the sidewalks here are just as old as the homes, and it makes for some bumpy going. Tried to stick to the side of the road, but there was just too much traffic. Old men in construction vehicles, trying to run us over and senior citizens going 50 mph...yikes. All the while, I'm trying to keep pace, with BabyStinkPup yelling, "Faster! Go Faster!"

It kind of turned into a comedy of errors, with my pants persistently slipping down onto my pancake ass, and me having to hitch them back up every few paces, my ipod earbuds popping out of my ears like corks, and my flatsy patsy chest all a jiggledy. (The other day I wondered aloud where my jogging bra was, and Mr.BS says incredulously, "Do you actually need one?" I retaliated by running down the hall after him, and trying to jam one of my fingers up between his boxer short covered ass cheeks, but he clamped shut the crack door before I got a good vengeful jab at him. God, am I really sharing this with you?!) Anyway, I passed two moms out strolling with their...ecch..Gracos (Yes, I'm a stroller snob too, I'm sorry...) I heard one of them telling the other that she wished their stroller had a motor on it...lazy!...and though they both said hello kindly, I could feel their, "Who the hell does she think SHE is?" dagger looks hitting me in my back as I ran past. Can't say I blame them, because...just who the hell DO I think I am, anyway? I'm so out of shape, I must have looked a frightful mess trying to muscle the cumbersome jogger up and down the hill!

I stopped by my friend's house across the way to see if she wanted to join me in my torture-cise, but being she answered the door in her nightgown, you know I ended up having to brave the rest of my trip without her. The most fun was when we finally turned into our drive, and I ran as fast as I could down the rocky, bumpy dirt lane, with BabySP howling with laughter. Not the safest thing to do on my part, but hey, I did have the safety cord for the e-brake around my wrist, so even if I did bite the dust, he still wouldn't have rolled down the yard into the water! So we were okay.

At least I'm making an attempt to keep up with my bikini resolution...couldn't go to the gym because BabySP has a cough and is on Zithromax, so I don't want to expose him, or other kiddies to him at the childcare there. It's amazing how much today's trip kicked my ass SO much more than the treadmill does. The actual movement that traverses physical distances...so much more taxing than stationary exercise...Wow, am I a loser!

Meanwhile, CStink's going to be running a 5k race in her town, and I'm totally going to be there to cheer her on when she crosses the finish line! I'll be holding up a big sign for her that says, "What's that smell?!" hahaha...Then I'll douse her in a bucket of Gatorade. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home