Posted by Picasa

Friday, May 19, 2006

No more tankinis!

It's no joke when I tell you that I am woefully out of shape. I'm thankful for my fashion background, because since giving birth to my two boys, I have had to rely heavily on my knowledge to camoflauge my lovely lady lumps...Alas, summer is zooming in, and the thoughts I had midwinter of losing my now nearly three year old extra baby carrying weight is now just a distant memory...But, I am determined, and as you Stinkydoos out there are my witness, I am saying now that the days of the bikini are not gone forever, and that I would like to be back in itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-bikini shape by mid summer. July, perhaps? To start it off, I re-joined the gym this week, and my friend, the owner, gave me a training session my first day. When she said to me, "They call me the slave driver." I had no doubts that I was in for it! She had me work my legs, and now, two days later, I tell you that I can barely walk.

I keep calling up or texting CStink, and whining like a baby about my quads! (For those of you who don't know, CStink is a long distance sports junkie, and can run, run, run, forevah! She's in amazing shape and has no need to camoflauge any lumps because she has none to hide!) She's loving the pain I'm in! Okay, so I am too, I admit. I think it's hi-larious that I cannot walk up or down any stairs without huge assistance from the railing, and that I look like I'm in a John Wayne cowboy movie when descending, thinking that I need some chaps. I can hardly lower myself to sit down on the pot, it's that bad! I shake and tremble and need to grab onto the sink counter...

Mr.BS is LOVING it. He keeps whispering to the Stinkpups to go pat mommy on the thighs, or the buns because he knows I'm in total lactic acid agony, and then howls with laughter to see me yelping in pain! Such a sadistic man I married!!! But, hey, I would be doing the exact same thing if this were him, so I really can't blame him for I am twice as merciless as he! He, BTW, also got a year membership from our generous friend, and now has no excuse but to attempt to shrink dem daddy boobies and lovely lady lumps he's been growing all winter.

I went back in today to treadmill off some of the pain, but man, was I seeing green clouds of dizziness when I finally stepped down from the machine! I drove straight from the gym to the local market, and blessed the nice Japanese sushi man for his California rolls, got back in the car, and wolfed down the whole package, sans wasabi and soy sauce. (too hungry to bother!) Tomorrow it's back to the gym. I am determined not to fail! There was some study done a few years back that revealed that the person that stays home to watch the kids has a higher chance of developing heart disease, and I really feel like I could be a candidate for that if I remain on the path I have been lying down on for the past 5 years. So, wish me luck...I'm going to need it!

PS. CStink told me something riotous the other day...Her Kuukie and my Mr. BigStink were having lunch together a few weeks back, and when Kuukie kiddingly told CStink that they were actually at Hooters, she responded by texting them back saying she and I also had reservations at some place with an onslaught of hilarious foot-long hot dog references...when she was finally finished, Kuukie told her that my Mr. BigStink looked at him and said about her..."Wow, you've got your hands full with that one." hehehe...so great! It's no wonder we get along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home