Posted by Picasa

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stink And The City

So CStink and I went to Manhattan for the day on Sunday. We tromped and tramped all over the place, never hitting up a taxi or subway once. We started off in Chelsea, and worked our way over to the Meat Packing District to see some of the design displays going on over the weekend in the shops over there. Boy has the neighborhood changed...I lived on 15th St for a year waaaaaaay back when, and let me tell you, the Meat Packing District was just that...stinky, yucky, fly buzzing meat packing! Now? Hello, Alexander McQueen...

From there we went trolling all over Soho. The weather was completely schizophrenic, with intermittent downpours and sunshine. We could have cared less. Our jaunt ended in Little Italy, with CStink stopping by the Paul Frank boutique to pick up some stuff for her pups, and then a late meal. We walked back up to her Disco, parked on 22nd St., and made it back to Mass. by 11:p. Not too shabby for a Sunday drive, huh? It was awesome to be back, and I miss it always! The only thing missing was a visit with my boy, B., and having the luxury of time to spend with him, and various cousins and friends still living there.

Last year, when I was there in the summer, I couldn't get over how many babies there were in the city. This time, I couldn't get over how many DOGs there were all over the place...on the sidewalks, inside the shops...it was incredible.
We also saw the world's tiniest baby sitting fully upright on her father's shoulder...she was smaller than my pups when they were newborns, and we're guessing from her ability to sit upright unassisted, she was a lot older than she looked, even though she was only about the size of her dad's head...it was more fascinating to see than it sounds, trust me.

CStink warned a man with three Weimaraners that one of them had a chicken bone in its mouth, and when he walked away from us, I told her it was William Wegman. He should have thanked her for it, because he was oblivious to the bone...but he didn't. Eh, whatever!

So that's it! Off to the gym to go walk/run off the lovely shin splints I got from wearing improperly cushioned ballet flats all day Sunday. Later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You nailed it, AStink! My neighborhood is crawling with strollers and dogs. If you're not careful, one of them will run you off the sidewalk. Not sure what's happening here. Must be something in the water.

Who knew William Wegman was a jerk? Must be one of those people who only relates to dogs.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home