Posted by Picasa

Monday, April 10, 2006

I Smell Salad...

I am in no way a good housekeeper. My house is one giant stack of stuff that needs to be cleaned out, and all of it is pretty much covered in a layer of dust and Cheerios. My laundry piles of clean and dirty are indiscernible from each other because I hate to fold and do not ever iron. The house we are living in right now has no dishwasher, so we hand wash…well, you can only imagine what the kitchen sink looks like…

It’s pretty sad to me how messy I can be, being that I grew up in an immaculately clean house. My sweet mom, who passed away just mere months ago, and tears are welling in my eyes just typing this…she was an amazing woman...able to hold down a fulltime job and maintain a sparkling home…no dishwasher, no laundry piles, no maids, and never, ever any dust. She was SuperMom. Okay…getting back to it, because speaking of her in the past tense is ripping my heart out of my chest right now…

I’m not 100% green, but when it comes to cleaning up around the house, I won’t use harsh chemicals around the StinkPups. No harsh cleaners, pesticides, no herbicides, and no antibacterial soaps, no spray air fresheners…You get the idea… I have a kickass steam cleaner that can blast the petrified food that has dried like cement onto BabyStinkPup’s booster seat, and it kills lurky-lurky germs in the bathroom. For the rest I use baking soda and vinegar. It requires more elbow grease, but all worth it nonetheless for the safety of the StinkPups and good ol’ Mother Earth, right? Hey, I’m trying in my own small way to do my part…

I make my own concoction of water, vinegar, and dishsoap to spray down surfaces. It works just fine, and also wards of mold, bugs, etc. Vinegar, it’s a do-all product and I have grown extremely accustomed to its noxious odor. My latest all purpose cleaner included a shot of Method Cucumber dishwashing liquid…I used it last night to wipe down the diningroom table. I could feel the mist hitting my arms as I sprayed and I know that I must have smelled like vinegar and cucumber afterwards…So basically, if I’ve cleaned, then I must be walking around smelling like salad…or some freaky douche-y stink...being that I’m not able to smell myself because I’m so used to it, I can only conclude that I’m living in my own stink ignorance.
So if an Asian chick gets out of a Disco, walks past you and you get a whiff of Greek Salad or hell, I don’t know…Tuna Niscoise? It just might be me. Say hello…or skank away from me as fast as you need too…either way, I’ll understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home