Posted by Picasa

Friday, March 24, 2006

Blow Out

I can't wait until the warm weather arrives. Being locked up all winter is giving me cabin fever! I know I must be bored because I did my annual, "cut myself some bangs" this morning. It's usually a two or three day process where I just keep snipping and snipping at my hair until it gets to be the way I like. I'm not saying it looks good, but at least it alleviates the boredom.

Speaking of hair cutting...I am now Rapunzel by the sea, with my hair reaching nearly to my butt. It's a result of sheer neglect mixed with fear. Ever since I left Manhattan...that was '98...I haven't been able to find a hairdresser that can cut my hair well. Ah, Michael from Mud Honey...why did I ever quit you?! You were worth staying in NY alone! I would walk into your salon and leave blissfully happy with Botticelli tresses! Since then, every salon I have gone to takes one look at me and my asian self...and cuts my hair bluntly. My hair tends to hang in stringy pieces and when cut bluntly, the ends take on the look of cut grass. No matter what pictures I show...no matter how much I emphasize soft layers...every single one of them takes one look at the slant of my eyes, and get all Benihana on me. I've chosen some places based on the cuts of other clients...and have still walked out looking landscaped.

Mud Honey Michael was a master with the shears...he layered me up so good! All of the others took a razor to me...I am beginning to wonder if these razor wielding hairstylists aren't being taught how to cut soft layers with scissors at beauty school...Otherwise...what's the deal?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home